HUBWeek - WELCOME BACK TO THE FUTURE
HUBweek returns to Greater Boston this October 10-15
Sponsored by HUBWeek | 9/28/2017, 6 a.m.
With over 175+ events happening this year both at The HUB presented by Liberty Mutual and at venues across Greater Boston, we know it can get be pretty difficult to narrow down where to go and what to see. To help, we’ve compiled a list of 7 *free* events you don’t want to miss at HUBweek. We’ll see you there!
Inside the Roxbury Innovation Center, 20 local startup businesses and accelerator programs from Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan, and more will present their ideas and discuss the state of the innovation ecosystem in Roxbury with entrepreneurs who are blazing the trail.
There is a unique concentration of brainpower, ingenuity, creativity, and diversity in the Greater Boston region; it draws people from around the world and from every industry. The unifying characteristic is a focus on creating a better future at both the local and global level. It is with this belief that The Boston Globe, Harvard University, MIT, and Mass. General Hospital joined forces three years ago to found HUBweek — Greater Boston’s festival for the future.
At its core, HUBweek serves as a platform to support and strengthen the innovation ecosystem here in Greater Boston–and aims to connect more people to it from every corner of this region and from across the globe.
Returning for year three, HUBweek will kick off with two days of 90+ “Spoke Events” taking place all across Greater Boston–from Dorchester and Roxbury to Somerville and Kendall Square–and will land on Boston’s City Hall Plaza on October 12th as it is transformed into a first-of-its-kind festival site, The HUB presented by Liberty Mutual Insurance.
Through behind-the-scenes experiences like roundtable discussions, tours, and performances, Spoke Events are your chance to engage with communities of innovators and leading organizations all across the city. The best part? Most (if not all) are entirely free. Some highlights:
● Reducing & Managing Stress: Walking the Labyrinth, hosted by Hollister Staffing in partnership with the Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy and Friends of Heritage Park
● Roxbury Innovation Showcase, hosted by Exquisite Design Concepts and sponsored by Microsoft
● Kendall Square Innovation Playground, hosted by MIT
● Work Smart in Boston Salary Negotiation Workshops, hosted by AAUW
● The Female Entrepreneurs Experience in Boston, hosted by Microsoft New England and LaunchSquad
● Bully Boy Distillery Tour
● Create, Engage & Change: Open Studio, hosted by Urbano Project
One thing you can’t miss this year? Experiencing The HUB presented by Liberty Mutual Insurance. Equipped with 80 shipping containers and 6 geodesic domes, The HUB is where Boston’s innovation and creativity ecosystems come to life through demonstrations, large-scale performances, and immersive experiences like Fullscale Dome-ination, the Beantown Throwdown, De-Stress Boston, and even a Robot Block Party. With another 80+ events happening at The HUB, there is something for everyone to explore. Passes to The HUB are free, and available now.
The HUB will also be home to a series of signature HUBweek experience, including:
- Future Forum presented by MilliporeSigma: The cornerstone event of HUBweek 2017, Future Forum is a multi-day ideas festival and confab taking place on Oct. 12-14. Hear from, get inspired by, and connect with luminaries like Malcolm Gladwell, Atul Gawande, Juliette Kayyem, Anne Finucane, Amy Cuddy, Rudy Tanzi, Deepak Chopra, and many more. 3-day and 1-day passes are available now at HUBweek.org. Student and startup/nonprofit rates are available.
- Demo Day presented by Bank of America: At HUBweek’s second annual Demo Day presented by Bank of America, startups across 13+ industry categories will showcase their companies and pitch their ideas to demonstrate their impact or potential impact on our lives. Attend the Demo Day Showcase for free on October 14 by registering for your pass to The HUB. You can also check out a number of events taking place on Demo Day here.
- Immersion presented by Union Point: HUBweek’s first-ever 3-night live arts experience designed to awaken creativity and showcase innovative techniques at the intersections of art, science, and technology. Taking place on October 12-14 throughout The HUB, Immersion will feature live performances, large-scale projections, interactive exhibits, and a nightly party featuring a live silento disc and cypher in partnership with BAMS Fest, as well as a dance party with transnational bass party, Picó Picante. Access to Immersion is also free with your pass to The HUB. The nightly Immersion Party is ticketed.
Curious? Come explore the future being built here in Greater Boston Oct. 10-15 at HUBweek.