7 FREE HUBWEEK EVENTS YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS
Building movements, telling untold stories – and eating some delicious food.
Sponsored by HUBWeek | 9/28/2017, 6 a.m.
Returning for year three, HUBweek will kick off with two days of 90+ “Spoke Events” taking place all across Greater Boston–from Dorchester and Roxbury to Somerville and Kendall Square–and will land on Boston’s City Hall Plaza on October 12th as it is transformed into a first-of-its-kind festival site, The HUB presented by Liberty Mutual Insurance.
With over 175+ events happening this year both at The HUB presented by Liberty Mutual and at venues across Greater Boston, we know it can get be pretty difficult to narrow down where to go and what to see. To help, we’ve compiled a list of 7 free events you don’t want to miss at HUBweek. We’ll see you there!
- Innovation in the Regional Food System. October 10, 6:00-8:00PM. Free. CommonWealth Kitchen. Learn about the innovative model of food manufacturing that combines small food businesses run by low-income women, immigrants, and people of color with small batch food manufacturing. Take a tour of the facility and enjoy some small bites.
- The Roxbury Innovation Showcase. October 10, 6:00-9:00PM. Free. Roxbury Innovation Center. Join Exquisite Design Concepts, Microsoft, and HUBweek for the second annual Roxbury Innovation Showcase, where you will have the opportunity to meet and learn about amazing local entrepreneurs, businesses, and organizations. Looking to get involved as a mentor or volunteer? This is a great way to show support for your community’s future business leaders on their paths to success.
- Create, Engage & Change: Urbano Project Open Studio. October 10, 6:30-9:30PM. Free. Urbano Project Studio. Witness eight years of dynamic experiments in contemporary art, youth programming and social change in Urbano Project’s retrospective exhibition and while getting to know the Urbano Community through performances, dialogues with artists and bonus: a beer tasting.
- The 5th Annual BUILD Entrepreneur Games. October 11, 3:00-7:30PM. Free. Reggie Lewis Athletic Center. Grab your sweatbands ready and join HUBweek and BUILD Boston for an afternoon of fierce but friendly competition and networking as they celebrate Boston’s top innovators. Participants can compete in more than 40 games, from team events like dodgeball and basketball to individual events like brain-teasers and corn hole. The event raises over $200k for BUILD Boston, an organization dedicated to using entrepreneurship to empower youth and equip them for high school, college, and career success.
- What it Means to be Part of a Movement. October 12, 10:30-11:15AM. Free. The HUB presented by Liberty Mutual Insurance. Join HUBweek and Opportunity Nation for a session on how organizations can inspire, be a part of, and support movements that drive widespread social change.
- De-Stress Boston. October 15, 10:00AM-12:00PM. Free. Faneuil Hall. Join HUBweek and the Benson-Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine at Mass. General Hospital for a community-wide experiential education session about the power of stress reduction techniques to improve health and build resiliency. This year’s program is focused on issues which impact families across the board – from the stress of living in a politically charged world to relationships and parenting in the age of social media and technology.
- Robot Block Party. October 15, 11:00AM-5:00PM. Free. The HUB presented by Liberty Mutual Insurance. Ever been to a robot block party? Join HUBweek, the City of Boston and MassRobotics to explore the latest in robotics and test out product demos at The HUB. Come by to ask questions, have some fun, and get inspired. Robot Block Party is free and open to the public with The HUB Pass.
To check the full list of HUBweek events–95% of which are free–visit HUBweek.org here.