Apple-Blueberry Crisp Recipe
Dana Farber Cancer Institute | 10/7/2013, 1:11 p.m. | Updated on 10/7/2013, 1:11 p.m.
This recipe is provided by the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute's new app: ""Ask the Nutritionist: Recipes for Fighting Cancer".
• 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
• 3 apples (whatever is in season), peeled
• 1 tablespoon lime juice or the juice from half a lime
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1/4 cup oats
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/3 cup butter (or coconut oil), melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and dice the apples into 1/2" cubes. Place them in a medium bowl and toss with lime juice.
- Add the blueberries and fold until combined.
- Pour into a pie dish or 8 X 8 baking dish. Sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- In a small bowl mix the brown sugar, flour, oats, pecans, pumpkin pie spice, and ginger. Pour in the butter and mix with a fork until the mixture resembles crumbles.
- Spread the crumble topping on top of the fruit. If you would like, top with a few more pecans.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the top is browned and the filling is bubbly.
- Allow to cool slightly.
Allison Mars is a senior in the dietetics program at Boston University and a volunteer at Dana-Farber. She is looking forward to a career as a clinical RD and loves cooking and sharing healthy food with everyone.
Download the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute's free app It's available by going to Google Play or Itunes