Only when it’s necessary. They shouldn’t be making up scenarios to justify it.
- Phillip Lodge, Entrepreneur, Dorchester
Not unless they suspect someone’s a terrorist. They should respect everyone else’s privacy.
- Magaly Olivares, Outreach Worker, Dorchester
They should be able to listen in on phone conversations. They need to be checking on people from other countries, like the brothers who did the bombing. But they aren’t.
- Lennie Mitchell, Retired Mason, Roxbury
The government should be able to listen to conversation only if the people are from another country.
- Deborah Greene, Teacher’s Assistant, Roxbury
I think they should have full access. If you’re not doing anything wrong, why worry about it?
- David Richardson, Entrepreneur, Mattapan
They shouldn’t be able to violate the fourth Amendment. They shouldn’t be able to conduct searches without a warrant.
- Cedric Daniels, Youth Outreach Worker, Roxbury