February 27, 2018
The Woburn (MA) Housing Authority is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for the management of 239 State elderly public housing units, 100 Federal family Public Housing Units, 277 Section 8 units, and 4 private condos. The candidate must be familiar with both Commonwealth of Massachusetts Housing (DHCD) Requirements and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Federal Housing Programs.
1. Six (6) years in a significant supervisory or management capacity at a public housing authority or other similar experience. The preferred candidate must have demonstrated ability to successfully manage a staff of seven (7) or more for at least one (1) year.
2. Working knowledge of fiscal management, including grant procurement, maintenance systems, personnel and administrative management systems in public or private housing.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills, proven leadership ability, and skills necessary to provide management consultation, guidance and advise to officials on a broad range of public housing programs.
4. Possess a Public Housing Managers (PHM) certification from accredited organization as recognized by HUD or DHCD or obtain within one (1) year of employment. Also, must be bondable.
5. Demonstrate sensitivity to the problems and concerns of resident groups and the needs of people of various socio-economic backgrounds.
6. A bachelors degree may substitute for up to two years’ experience.
7. MCPPO certification and construction supervisor license preferred.
8. Working knowledge of WHA and the needs of affordable housing in City of Woburn preferred.
Start date: To be determined.
Salary range: Salary is commensurate with experience and education, and will include excellent benefits in accordance with DHCD and HUD guidelines.
Salary range $95,834-$125,000.
The WHA board reserves the right to negotiate the salary based on qualifications.
Location: Woburn, Mass
Instructions: The candidates will be subject to certain qualifications verifications prior to employment. More detailed information will be required of applicants that advance to the next level of consideration. Submit a cover letter and resume by emailing to: info@DVMainsail.org and or mail to DV/Mainsail P.O. Box 3571 South Attleboro MA. 02073. The deadline for receipt of applications is March 9, 2018 at 12 noon EST. Late applications will not be accepted. The Woburn Housing Authority is an EOE.