December 26, 2017
Description: The Provincetown (MA) Housing Authority is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for the management of 24 State Chapter 667 public housing units, 9 units of state family housing, 10 units of SRO Federal housing, and 3 separately owned units by the PHA. The candidate must be familiar with both Commonwealth of Massachusetts Housing (DHCD) Requirements and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Federal Housing Programs. The position is a minimum of 16 hours per week. Starting salary $30,444 - 31,426.
1. Two (2) years in a significant supervisory or management capacity at a public housing authority or other similar experience. The preferred candidate must have demonstrated ability to successfully manage a staff of two (2) or more for at least one (1) year.
2. Working knowledge of fiscal management, including grant procurement, maintenance systems, personnel and administrative management systems in public or private housing.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills, proven leadership ability, and skills necessary to provide management consultation, guidance and advise to officials on a broad range of public housing programs.
4. Possess a Public Housing Managers (PHM) certification from accredited organization as recognized by HUD or DHCD or obtain within one (1) year of employment.
5. MCPPO certification preferred.
6. Also, must be bondable.
7. Demonstrate sensitivity to the problems and concerns of resident groups and the needs of people of various socio-economic backgrounds. Preference is given for candidates that have a working knowledge of the affordable housing needs of the community of Provincetown.
Start date: To be determined
Salary range: Salary is commensurate with experience and education. No health benefits.
Location: Provincetown, Mass.
Instructions: The candidates will be subject to certain qualifications verifications prior to employment. More detailed information will be required of applicants that advance to the next level of consideration. Submit a cover letter and resume by mail: Provincetown Housing Authority, 44 Harry Kemp Way, Provincetown, Massachusetts 02657, Attn: Elaine Anderson, chairperson. The deadline for receipt of applications is January 19, 2018 at 12 noon EST. Late applications will not be accepted. The Provincetown Housing Authority is an EOE.