January 31, 2018
This position is responsible for operating, maintaining, repairing and renovating the building’s heating, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and fire protection, emergency generator, pumping, water, air and steam distribution systems.
1. Take and evaluate operational readings of utilities and equipment, interpreting status and needs, and take appropriate corrective actions.
2. Inspect, test, locate trouble in, and make repairs to all assigned equipment located throughout the building including off shift responsibility for check conveyor system and emergencies in building areas.
3. Test, evaluate and take appropriate action to chemically treat the building’s piping distribution system.
4. Operate power tools and equipment in the safest efficient manner within operating parameters.
5. Interpret schematics, as well as systems and building diagrams and blueprints.
6. Complete shop related paperwork and assist other trade areas as necessary.
7. Respond to off shifts service and emergency calls.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is not required to directly supervise others.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a high school diploma or G.E.D. and vocational or technical training and a minimum of 5 years of experience working in large central plant operations. This position also requires a Massachusetts HVAC Journeyman’s license and EPA Universal Refrigerant Recovery Certification. Must have a successful track record of working collaboratively on HVAC teams. Must have a strong working knowledge of energy management best practices and must be committed to a continuous program of professional development in energy management strategies. A CEM Certification a plus.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time.
Contact Rob Stella at firstname.lastname@example.org or Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, 600 Atlantic Ave, Boston, MA 02210.