January 29, 2018
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary purpose of this role is to provide administrative support for the NAACP Boston Branch (the “Branch”). An individual engaged for this clerical support assignment is expected to perform standard office procedures with a degree of independence of action and judgment. Confidentiality is a must.
All activities must support the Branch’s strategic goals and objectives and produce results that accomplish the goals of the department or assigned function.
• Create Front desk protocols
• Create and maintain a supply ordering system
• Ordering supplies
• Equipment maintenance for Branch Office
• Telephone answering and support
• Create scripts for consistent performance within the office
• Create and maintain databases for committee contacts
• Maintain Office calendar
• Coordinate mailings
• Respond with approved responses to inquiries
• Assist with onboarding new chairs
• Assist with onboarding new members of committees
• Assist with creation of filing system for Legal Redress
• Assist with discrimination complaint intake for Legal Redress
• Assist Membership Services with membership outreach
• Assist with scheduling meetings for Branch President
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent
• two plus years of administrative experience
• Microsoft word, excel, outlook, and power point
• Customer Service
Commitment: Sets high standards of performance; pursues aggressive goals and works hard/smart to achieve them; strives for results and success; conveys a sense of urgency and brings issues to closure; persists despite obstacles and opposition.
Customer Service: Meets/exceeds the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; identifies, understands, monitors and measures the needs of both internal and external customers; talks and acts with customers in mind; recognizes working colleagues as customers.
Effective Communication: Ensures important information is passed to those who need to know; conveys necessary information clearly and effectively orally or in writing; demonstrates attention to, and conveys understanding of, the comments and questions of others; listens effectively.
Responsiveness and Accountability: Demonstrates a high level of conscientiousness; holds oneself personally responsible for one's own work; does fair share of work.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Electronic submissions may be made to: email@example.com